No matter what kind of relationship you had with that person, having to forget someone is something that sometimes happens. And we have no choice but to face the situation and continue with our lives.
If you are reading this article, it is because you have already made the final decision to forget someone. Well, if this is not so, nothing happens. The first step you need to take is to decide that you no longer want to have anything to do with a person. There are many reasons for a person to stop being part of our lives. There are simply times when, as much as we would like the situation to be different and things to change, it is no longer possible.
Whether it is a relationship of friendship, love or family, if you think that person does not bring you anything in your life, put them away. Many times we feel guilty for pushing people away, especially if it is a close relative. But do not be fooled, if it is hurting you to maintain certain relationships in your life, you must get rid of them.
As you will understand, the process of forgetting does not happen overnight. And the character of other people and your own also comes into play. In addition, each person is capable of forgetting faster or slower. And even the same person can forget one person faster and another person more slowly. In this sense, there are no universal rules.
But, although each one forgets according to their abilities, in this article we will teach you some tips to make it easier for you to forget.
How to forget someone?
Instructions to forget someone
- Keep your distance. The first step you must take to permanently banish someone from your life is to get away from him. Physically, emotionally, and technologically. It is important that you do not maintain contact so that, by not seeing him, you feel the loss less. Because, although it is necessary that he is not in your life, he has been an important person for you and it is normal that it hurts. On an emotional level, try not to think about him or her. When a thought about that someone comes to your mind, try to think of something else. If you think over and over again about all the memories you have had with that person, you will enter a vicious circle from which it will be more difficult for you to get out. If you start to push memories away as soon as they appear and focus on things in the present moment, you will be able to gradually forget. Finally, currently, we can know everything that a person does through social networks. This is not a good thing when you are trying to get over someone. If you see that you are not able to access their social networks, it is better to delete them from all of them. Anyway, why do you want to have him in your circles if he is no longer in your life?
- Make a list. To make sure of all the good and bad things that person brought to your life; make a list of pros and cons. One thing we humans tend to do is idealize people who are no longer around us. That is why, when you have decided that you want to forget, on many occasions you feel that you have made a bad decision. This is the main reason for love, friendship and family relapses. Do not get carried away by your feelings and idealizations. Take paper and pen and make two columns. One titled PROS and one titled CONS. And go writing everything that comes to mind. Above all, write down all those situations in which you felt bad with that someone. Write down the reason why you decided to forget him and underline it well so that you do not forget. When you have finished both columns, compare them. Surely, if you decided to stop seeing him, it was for a good reason and the side of the cons will have more things pointed out.
- Set your sights on the future. It is useless to stagnate in the past and regret that things did not go well. Better focus on your future and achieve your goals. If that person hurts you being in your life, surely he would not let you move forward. This is the time to move on with your life and achieve all the things you had planned to do. Also, being constantly angry with another person, frequently arguing and having problems because of them made your life more gray and sad. When you are sad for a while, you begin to lose the desire to do new things and continue doing the things you like. Take advantage of this breakup situation to reflect on your life, think about how it is now and how you want it to be. Don’t wait for tomorrow, start working on yourself today.
- Look for distractions. The best way to forget someone is to keep your mind busy. If you have a lot of time to think about the other person, you will not do anything else. Look at this change in your life as an opportunity to start doing new things. Above all, we recommend that you do physical activities. The effort and concentration that some sports require will come in handy. You can join a gym and you will also meet new people. You can sign up for those dance classes that you always wanted to take, start going to classes in the language that you like the most or look for an activity in your city that you like. The point is not to spend a lot of time thinking about it alone. Take the opportunity to get hooked on a series, start reading all those books you never had time for and watch the movies you have pending. But keep in mind that you must do all this while maintaining balance in your life. That is, do not spend all your time doing things that distract you. You also have to face reality to overcome this outcome of your life.
- Seek support from your loved ones. Having someone who takes you out of the house or comes to visit you when you are sick is something that is always appreciated. Tell your friends and family about the situation you are in and they will surely be willing to lend you a hand. Hang out with them often, get out of the house, and get some fresh air. Stay with them to eat or have a drink. Let off steam when necessary with them, but try not to always talk about what happens to you and start living life.
- Make some changes. This will help you to be distracted for a while and also, by having another change in your life, you will be able to better cope with forgetting someone. For example, change the furniture in your house, paint a room or buy new furniture. Having other changes in your life, forgetting someone will not seem like such a drastic thing.
By following these tips you will be able to forget someone more easily. Try to think that the decision you have made is the right one. That the first person you have to love is yourself. Having a person in your life that hurts you is useless. Forget her and start your life over.